Medicinal chemistry expertise to help your project progress smoothly
Each drug discovery project is unique. Bespoke strategies adapted to each therapeutic area, mechanism of action, mode of delivery, business model, and competitive landscape need to be created to identify a high-quality hit, and then develop it into a valuable clinical candidate.
At Concept Life Sciences, we provide medicinal chemistry expertise to help your project progress smoothly through each drug discovery milestone. Our medicinal chemists have an in-depth understanding of all scientific disciplines underpinning the drug discovery process and work closely with chemists, biologists, Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD) and DMPK scientists across our laboratories to deliver your project goals.
We offer a range of medicinal chemistry services adapted to your business needs
- Consultancy: We help you assess literature and proprietary chemical matter to support defined work packages such as competitive landscape analysis or licensing activities.
- Standalone medicinal chemistry: We become an extension to your research team. We manage decision-making processes and activities to accelerate the delivery of your drug discovery program.
- Integrated drug discovery: We provide medicinal chemistry as part of a fully integrated drug discovery service within our therapeutic areas of expertise: Immunology, Neuroscience and Oncology.
Concept scientists are viewed as true members of our partners’ project teams. We understand the importance of delivering against the project progression criteria and work closely with our partners to provide adapted solutions.
We make your scientific success our top priority!
Accelerating drug discovery with the best informatics tools
- Integrated ELN (Sciligence)
- In-silico modeling (Schrodinger
- Cloud-computing (Azure)
- SAR analysis (DataWarrior)
- Synthesis planning (SciFindern)
All good medicinal chemistry is underpinned by excellence in synthetic chemistry. Our discovery chemistry team has a proven track record of developing elegant synthetic routes to reach unchartered chemical spaces, thus enabling key drug discovery activities such as the comprehensive exploration of SAR and the development of innovative scaffold hops. Explore our discovery chemistry services to find out about our capabilities and expertise.
Our medicinal chemists advise on the most appropriate hit identification strategies to kick-start your drug discovery project. Our internal Hit Discovery Platform covers over 90% of the common approaches, including traditional literature-based discovery and HTS (with trusted partners), as well as cutting-edge solutions such as fragment screening (GCI-enabled) and virtual screening (AI-enabled).
Delivered in the most efficient way
To make every molecule count we ensure scientific resources are maximized and apply medicinal chemistry technologies best suited to your project (e.g. Sparse Array, CNS-MPO, Matched Molecular pairs). This means your drug discovery objectives are delivered in the most efficient way.
Beyond managing the lean execution of the Design-Make-Test-Analyze cycle, we also provide guidance throughout the drug discovery process by:
- Establishing a drug discovery strategy and a critical path
- Designing a purposeful screening cascade
- Formulating and testing SAR hypotheses using appropriate design strategies
- Monitoring both competitive landscape and progress against Lead Candidate criteria
- Generating Intellectual Property through innovative science
Our medicinal chemists have built a strong track record of developing small-molecule clinical candidates across our therapeutic areas of excellence. We also enable the discovery of new modalities such as PROTACs, ADCs, peptidomimetics and nucleotide therapeutics.
With support from our CADD experts, we harness the power of computational modeling, cheminformatics and Machine Learning to establish SAR patterns and efficiently optimize chemical series.
Our drug discovery informatics platform enables our scientist to efficiently share ideas across scientific disciplines, effortlessly monitor project progression and promptly communicate data with you. This means our medicinal chemists are nimble and can pave the leanest way to the clinic for each of your projects.