The hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis (HPT axis) is conserved across vertebrate species. Perturbation of thyroid hormone homeostasis (THH) can lead to adverse effects in thyroid function affecting growth, metabolism and cognitive function.
Based on concerns that changes in thyroid hormone levels may correlate with an impact on neuronal-development, regulators have been requesting mechanistic data on the potential to modulate thyroid hormone levels through known mechanistic routes. Concept Life Sciences have established a platform of appropriate assays designed to address potential mechanisms of modulation of thyroid hormone levels signaling.
- TPO inhibition (rat, dog, pig and human)
- Inhibition of rat, dog and human deiodinase 1, 2 or 3
- Sodium/iodide symporter inhibition (NIS) (rat)
- Cross-species comparative induction of UGT gene expression
- Thyroid Hormone Receptor inhibition, human α and β isoforms