CXR Biosciences, the investigative toxicology company, is presenting six posters at the upcoming Eurotox meeting in Edinburgh on Monday 8th September.
The research reported in the posters includes:
- A joint poster with Monsanto, describing studies performed at CXR to determine the mode of action and human relevance of rodent liver tumours.
- Two posters describing studies performed at CXR to investigate the effects of rodent non-genotoxic carcinogens in CAR knockout and PXR knockout rats.
- A poster describing the dose-response relationship for phenobarbital-mediated cell proliferation in wild type, humanised PXR-CAR and Pxr-Car knockout mice
- Investigations with Sanofi-Aventis as to the utility of humanised PXR-CAR-CYP3A4 mice to predict mechanism-based CYP3A4 inhibition in humans
- The use of everted gut sacs to estimate relative absorption of a structurally-related family of industrial chemicals
For further details, please contact email@example.com , or come see us at stand 32 at Eurotox.
The following posters will be presented at Eurotox in Edinburgh on Monday 8th September in Poster Session 1, from 9.30am – 10.30am and 12.30pm to 1.30pm:
Poster Number: P-1.91
Abstract Title: AN EVALUATION OF THE MODE OF ACTION (MOA) AND HUMAN RELEVANCE OF RAT LIVER TUMOURS OBSERVED IN A CHRONIC RAT FEEDING STUDY WITH SILTHIOFAM
Presenting Author: Joel M. Kronenberg, Monsanto
Poster Number: P-1.56
Abstract Title: CHARACTERISATION OF THE HEPATIC EFFECTS OF PHENOBARBITAL (PB) IN CONSTITUTIVE ANDROSTANE RECEPTOR (CAR, NR1I3) KNOCKOUT (KO) RATS
Presenting Author: Mark Chamberlain
Poster Number: P-1.64
Abstract Title: CHARACTERISATION OF THE HEPATIC EFFECTS OF PREGNENOLONE 16 ALPHA-CARBONITRILE (PCN) IN PREGNANE X RECEPTOR (PXR, NR1I2) KNOCKOUT (KO) RATS
Presenting Author: Clifford Elcombe
Poster Number: P-1.65
Abstract Title: DIFFERENTIAL DOSE-RESPONSE RELATIONSHIPS FOR HEPATIC CYP2B10 INDUCTION AND CELL PROLIFERATION IN WILD TYPE MICE AND MICE HUMANIZED (HUPXR/HUCAR) FOR THE CONSTITUTIVE ANDROSTANE RECEPTOR (CAR) AND PREGNANE X RECEPTOR (PXR) ADMINISTERED PHENOBARBITONE (PB)
Presenting Author: Audrey Vardy
Poster Number: P-1.7
Abstract Title: INVESTIGATIONS WITH A HUMANISED CYP3A4/3A7 MOUSE MODEL
Presenting Author: Eddie Doyle
The following poster will be presented at Eurotox in Edinburgh on Monday 8th September in Poster Session 2, from 2.30pm to 4pm:
Abstract Title: THE USE OF EVERTED RAT SMALL INTESTINAL SACS IN VITRO TO ESTIMATE RELATIVE ABSORPTION POTENTIAL OF A SERIES OF ALPHA OLEFINS.
Presenting Author: Robert Powrie
Founded in 2001, CXR Biosciences® uses its collaborative approach and toxicological expertise to help customers large and small solve issues relating to the safety of compounds or selection of research candidates. CXR Biosciences® offers tailored preclinical services in the areas of investigative & mechanistic toxicology, exploratory & discovery toxicology and PK & metabolism. Our customers include leading pharmaceutical, agrochemical, chemical, consumer product and biotechnology companies. CXR Biosciences® is located in Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom.