ON Helix is a one day event aimed at informing delegates of how to turn early stage inventions and ideas into innovative health treatments (new medicines, novel biomarkers, useful medical devices or improved medical practices). It will present the UK landscape of the business environment, funding, scientific and clinical research excellence and will be a unique knowledge-sharing environment between academia and business.
Opening Keynote address:
– VIP Guest of Honour (confirmed, but will be announced on the day)
Keynote Speakers include:
– Dr Susan Windham-Bannister, Former President and CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Centre
– Dr David Roblin, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Translation, The Francis Crick Institute
– Professor John Savill, Chief Executive of the Medical Research Council
– Professor Nick Lemoine, Medical Director, NIHR and Director, Barts Cancer Institute
– Dr Jane Osbourn, Site Leader and VP Research, MedImmune
Main Panel Discussions
• The Future of Medicines: Do Patients make the Best Models?
• Licensing your ideas: The Role of Technology Transfer Offices
• ‘I don’t know what all the fuss is about – funding for translational research is fantastic in the UK and we don’t really need more’ Agree or disagree
This year they will also be holding a poster session, more information will be available shortly.
Attending this one day event is our European Business Development Executive Sascha Hartmann, if you’d like more information about the event please visit the One Nucleus website.