Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
An expert in Analytical Chemistry with peer recognition and credibility with the ability to adopt and adapt new technology. Provides technical support to the business.
Main duties to:
- Troubleshooting instrumentation and analytical problems.
- Organisation and up keep of service contracts for all relevant instrumentation.
- Mentoring analysts and laboratory technicians.
- Checking analytical data produced by analysts and ensuring the integrity of the data produced.
- Aid R&D department when appropriate.
- Reviewing/Checking QC data and analytical results. Monitoring and upkeep of control charts.
- Aid the Section Manager in technical requirements of processing the day’s workload and ensuring it runs at optimal efficiency.
- Aid the QC Manager in dealing with non-conformities associated to raw data and laboratory processes. Together with associated audit actions.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Take control of PT schemes and investigate PT failures.
- Support the improvement and development of new and existing SOP’s.
Key Role KPIs
- Monitoring of re-test rates.
- Monitoring of process efficiencies.
- Successful PT data or completed investigations.
- Relevant degree or experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience of instrument and test.
- Expert knowledge and experience of Quality systems.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.