Concept Life Sciences have permanent full- time vacancies available for Synthetic Organic Chemists at the Sandwich site and we would welcome applications from individuals with a background in the drug discovery industry gained from a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO.
- Carry out complex organic chemical syntheses using a wide range of techniques maintaining the highest levels of H&S.
- Utilise your scientific expertise and chemical databases to generate solutions to problems.
- Complete written reports to a high standard.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- BSc/MChem in chemistry with minimum of one year’s industrial experience in organic synthesis.
- PhD in organic chemistry (or related) advantageous.
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pro-active way.
- Ability to work as part of team, keeping the customer at the forefront of work at all times.
- High level of self-motivation.
- 37.5 hours each week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: pension scheme, share save scheme, health care cash plan, retail discount scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and local reward & recognition schemes. We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard.