The company offers a wide range of specialist contract research services. This position is focussed on delivering a diverse range of in vitro Toxicology assays to regulatory standards, for the purpose of defining safety parameters as required by the Agrochemical and Pharmaceutical industry.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Scientist with experience of in vitro assay development and cell culture techniques to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of toxicology concepts and will have gained previous in vitro experience in a GLP CRO or industry setting. It is expected that the candidates can independently, technically support a variety of client and company projects to a high standard.
- Study Directing duties including Study Plan/Protocol preparation, supervision/execution of studies in accordance with appropriate SOPs to ensure work is of a consistently high standard.
- Analyse data using appropriate statistical analysis, interpret results and preparation of data presentations and study reports as required
- Ensure data, reports and conclusions/recommendations are in the appropriate format or to customers’ requirements
- Record, file and archive data in accordance with appropriate SOPs
- Understand regulatory requirements for the work being conducted (GLP) where required and strive for excellence in terms of accountability, record keeping, and quality of output
- Working closely with QA to monitor deviations and implement corrective and preventative actions to processes where required
- Ensure appropriate and timely client communication
- Ensuring the Master schedule and project management scheduling platforms are maintained
- Line management of direct reports (if assigned), working with individuals to develop skills and experience
- Financial awareness: assisting in setting up project costings where required, ensuring productive progression of projects, awareness of invoice milestones, project direct expense budget and project financial tracking
- Previous Study Directing experience in a GLP setting essential
- Life science degree (Toxicology/Molecular Biology desirable, PhD advantageous)
- Proven laboratory experience in cell culture and molecular biology methods
- High-level attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Excellent team player
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab and client discussions
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing team, who are excited about investigating the activity of chemical and pharmaceutical agents on behalf of their clients to ensure the safety of new products that are progressing to market.
Salary entry level will be based on experience.