Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical and chemical; and consumer products sectors. Our business is home to Scientists with in-depth experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on challenges. We employ problem-solvers with a proven track record in life sciences, laboratory based analytical testing and specialist consulting.
A full time permanent opportunity is available on the Dundee site. The Senior Scientist position is a pivotal role within the Analytical Sciences Team and will be focused on supporting DMPK activities (regulatory and non-regulatory). It is envisaged that the success incumbent will be responsible for driving all lab based activities relating to DMPK performed at the Dundee site and would work closely with the Team Leader of Analytical Sciences, Principal Scientists and Quality Assurance to ensure that work is resourced and executed to the highest scientific and regulatory standards. The successful incumbent will also be expected to work with operational management, business development and senior management on the strategic development of the business.
Main Duties to:
- In conjunction with the Team Leader of Analytical Sciences and Principal Scientists, plan and execute all DMPK work supported at the Dundee site within agreed timelines.
- Act as Study Director, Principal Investigator or Analytical Phase Manager (where appropriate) for regulatory and non-regulatory studies (DMPK).
- Develop chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC) for bioanalytical support of DMPK studies to current regulatory (FDA/EMEA) standards.
- When required, assist in the study analysis of all bioanalytical and DMPK studies (regulatory and non-regulatory) performed within the Dundee site.
- Contribute and author scientific publications.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the organisation.
- Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy.
- Author and assist in the review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other business process documents.
- Act as an ambassador for the business and in doing so proactively promoting the company brand and values both internally and externally.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working.
- Comply with health and safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
- Generates a culture of collaboration and team work.
- Assist with analysis planning and defining the scope of analysis in relation to instruments available.
- Assist the Team Leader of Analytical Sciences and Lab Manager in reviewing instrument resource planning and utilisation in the labs.
- Assist with initiating, managing and controlling contracts and managing commercial issues regarding laboratories and facility.
- Assist the Team Leader of Analytical Sciences and Lab Manager in organising all repairs, maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry (or related discipline) essential.
- Higher degree (Master or Doctorate) in related discipline highly advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of in vitro small molecule ADME/DMPK essential.
- Experience of in vivo small molecule ADME/DMPK highly advantageous.
- Experience of acting as Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or Analytical Phase Manager highly advantageous.
- Experience with modern LC-MS(/MS) equipment essential (Sciex equipment and Analyst software highly advantageous).
- Experience of supporting bioanalytical studies/discovery PK highly advantageous.
- Experience of supporting metabolite identification studies and associated techniques (NMR, Radio detection etc.) highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of market conditions, opportunities and competition desirable.
- Understanding of customer base and commercial awareness also desirable.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- High-level interpersonal skills.
- Robust time management capability.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.