Based in the Edinburgh BioQuarter, the company offers specialist Contract Research Services to Pharmaceutical & Biotech companies with a therapeutic focus on Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience and Liver Biology. This is an exciting opportunity to join and perform a key role in establishing the new Biophysical Screening group.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Scientist, with skills in small molecule and/or biologics characterisation, including assay development and optimisation for assessment of binding affinity, kinetics and thermodynamics. The individual will be required to work flexibly across an array of different project types and utilising a variety of tools to deliver bespoke customer projects.
- Independently designing and performing biophysical projects requiring SPR, ITC, DSC and DSF. Actively interrogating scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols and advances as necessary for driving forward bespoke client projects.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results and report production, archiving.
- Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
- Line management of Scientists in line with team development, delegation of project tasks to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data.
- Communicating effectively with both clients and internal teams as required.
- Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships.
- Active role in preparing proposal content in line with scientific plans
- May have opportunity to attend scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to attract new commercial opportunities.
- Life science degree (Biomedical Sciences/Biological Sciences), post-graduate degree an advantage and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience of Pharma/Biotech drug discovery or contract research desirable.
- Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethic, highly motivated and entrepreneurial personality.
We are looking to offer the position to a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable scientific contribution to the future growth of the organisation.