The company offers a wide range of specialist contract research services. This position is focussed on providing Study Directorship to a range of Bioanalytical Studies.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Scientist with demonstrable experience of bioanalysis and DMPK to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques and will have gained previous relevant experience in a GLP and/or GCP CRO or industry setting. It is expected that the candidate will independently, technically support a variety of client and company projects to a high standard.
- Study direct bioanalytical studies in accordance with current regulations (FDA/EMA) where appropriate
- Preparation of Study Plans and Reports in standard or customer-required format
- Direct and supervise staff performing experimental work
- When required, assist in the study analysis of bioanalytical studies
- Develop chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC) for support of bioanalytical and toxicology studies
- Analysis, collation and interpretation of data
- Record, file and archive data in accordance with appropriate SOPs
- Understand regulatory requirements for the work being conducted (GLP and GCP) where required and strive for excellence in terms of accountability, record keeping, and quality of output
- Working closely with QA to monitor deviations and implement corrective and preventative actions to processes where required
- Author and assist in the review of SOPs and other documents
- Ensure appropriate and timely client communication
- Ensuring the Master schedule and project management scheduling platforms are maintained
- Line management of direct reports (if assigned), working with individuals to develop skills and experience
- Financial awareness: assisting in setting up project costings where required, ensuring productive progression of projects, awareness of invoice milestones, project direct expense budget and project financial tracking
- Experience of managing studies as SD, PI or analytical project manager, within a regulatory (GLP/GCP) framework essential
- Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry or related discipline) essential. Higher degree (Master or PhD) advantageous
- Proven extensive laboratory experience in LC-MS/MS essential. Experience of other chromatographic techniques (GC, GC-MS, LC-UV, LC-RAD) advantageous
- Experience of directing/managing staff performing experimental work essential
- High-level attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab and client discussions
We are looking for a dynamic individual, who would be excited about the prospect of making a valuable scientific contribution to the future growth of the organisation.
Salary entry level will be based on experience.