Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Experienced Analysts with significant scientific knowledge across multiple analytical techniques and the ability to oversee/supervise other Analyst’s work. Able to effectively communicate their knowledge of the regulations and the science behind analysis techniques through active discussion. Confidence in external communication with the customer will be expected, with input into technical discussions.
Main duties to:
- Responsible for running designated instruments, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Take the lead on reporting results and running investigations for PT schemes.
- Quality Control (QC) chart reviews and management of investigations.
- Review/check Quality Control (QC) data and analytical results.
- Maintenance and the record keeping of instrumentation.
- In conjunction with Section Manager identify bottlenecks or potential issues in the laboratory, redeploying staff to maintain smooth operations within the laboratory.
- Trouble shooting and the corresponding maintenance of instruments and communication of actions/effectiveness to management.
- Technical checking of results.
- Ensure communication between Analysts and Trainee Analysts is effective.
- Communicate with the laboratory staff and sample preparation staff to ensure that all samples are ready to be run when needed.
- Communicate with the Customer Service team to ensure clients reporting times are met.
- Train Analysts in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Quality Processes (QP’s) and help perform training needs analyses.
- Take direction in method development and validations as and when required.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Deputise for Section Manager/Technical Lead during periods of absence.
Key Role KPIs
- Timely reporting of results along with fully recorded QC .
- Ensure all workload for analysts is complete to a good standard.
- Fully maintain instrumentation and keep a tidy work space.
- Successful PT data or completed investigations with root cause.
- Relevant degree or experience.
- Knowledge and experience of instrument and test.
- Knowledge of Quality systems.
- Line Management skills.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.