Concept Life Sciences is a highly regarded, multi-site research organisation operating across the UK and providing an innovate range of services and solutions to clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical, cosmetics and consumer products sectors.
You will join a motivated and experienced team of analysts who are focused on supporting our external customers as well as our internal chemistry teams to deliver innovative solutions to our customers’ drug discovery programs. The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a good level of analytical knowledge across a variety of techniques and should have a passion for laboratory work. In return, we offer excellent training and a comprehensive support system to help you develop your career at Concept.
- Applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, agrochemical, bulk chemical fields
- Perform analysis of raw and in-process materials demonstrating technical competency over a range of techniques including HPLC, UPLC, LCMS, GCMS, NMR, GPC etc. Guidance will be given when using unfamiliar techniques, methods and interpretation of data.
- Responsible for running the designated instruments, data processing and reporting
- Maintaining and troubleshooting analytical equipment across the site
- Chromatographic method development and optimisation
- Carrying out full sample analysis as required
- Prepare quality reports including certificates of analysis and analytical specifications
- Effectively communicate results or issues team members and chemists
- Support the improvement and development of new and existing SOP’s
- Where required and with support, act as analytical point of contact for a project, considering customer requirements
- BSc/MSc/PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience an advantage
- Practical knowledge/experience of chemical analytical techniques both theoretical and practical including but not limited to HPLC, UPLC, GCMS, GPC, NMR other
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Laboratory experience within an industry setting
- Team player
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail and with the ability to multi-task
- Experience gained through working in a regulatory environment an advantage
Candidates should apply directly by submission of a CV and covering letter. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme and Cycle to Work scheme.