Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Supporting with the day to day running of the Metals department within the Inorganics Division. The role involves mentoring and supervising a small team of Laboratory Technicians and Analysts.
Main Duties to:
- Supervising and mentoring a small team of 2 Laboratory Technicians and 2 Analysts.
- Operating, maintaining and trouble-shooting both ICP/OES and ICP/MS.
- Interpreting analytical data and dealing with queries from the results produced.
- Proficiency testing investigation.
- Quality control chart reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Involved in method development.
- Working in a high throughput environment to strict deadlines.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced, high throughput contract testing laboratory.
- Previous experience of supervising a team or deputizing for a Team Manager.
- Previous experience of operating, maintaining and trouble-shooting both ICP/OES and ICP/MS.
- Sound knowledge of inorganic chemistry in particular around metal analysis.
- Previous experience of interpreting analytical data and handling queries with results.
- Ability to prioritise and organize workload.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Employee Savings scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.