The company offers a wide range of specialist contract research services. This position is focussed on delivering a diverse range of in vitro Toxicology assays to regulatory standards, for the purpose of defining safety parameters as required by the Agrochemical and Pharmaceutical industry.
We are looking for dynamic scientists with experience of in vitro assay development and cell culture techniques to join our team. The ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of toxicology concepts and will have gained previous in vitro experience in a CRO or industry setting. It is expected that the candidates can independently, technically support a variety of client and company projects to a high standard.
Key tasks include:
- Working closely with a multidisciplinary team and relevant academic contacts to ensure a high-quality delivery of projects primarily in the Hepatocyte and Endocrine Disruptor areas
- Production and maintenance of primary cell cultures (eg. hepatocytes) as well as various cell lines as required
- Preparation of standard reagents and compounds as required
- Develop and validate new in vitro assay methods and readouts
- Conducting experimental readout and analysis using cell culture, ELISAs, qPCR, and other relevant readouts
- Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, including developing new or updating SOP’s as required
- Data analysis and quantification using appropriate statistical methods
- Actively interrogate scientific literature to understand relevant advances in the field of Toxicology and associated disciplines as necessary for individual projects
- Planning of projects in advance, arranging resources required for experimental conduct, ordering reagents and other laboratory maintenance tasks.
- Accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, laboratory notes, to write up of results and report production
- Life science degree essential (Toxicology/Molecular Biology desirable, MSc advantageous) ideally with at least 2 years’ experience in a CRO or industry setting
- Proven laboratory experience in cell culture methods
- Experience of enzymatic assays, ELISAs, qPCR highly advantageous
- Experience of working to GLP for in vitro services highly advantageous
- High-level attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Excellent team player
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab and client discussions
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing team, who are excited about investigating the activity of chemical and pharmaceutical agents on behalf of their clients to ensure the safety of new products that are progressing to market.
Salary entry level will be based on experience.