The Edinburgh site have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic graduate level Scientist to join the team that either already has experience of immunology techniques or can demonstrate the ability to pick up practical skills quickly. It is critical for the position that a sound knowledge of immunology is evident on which they will be able to understand concepts across the variety of client and company projects.
- Work with the team and relevant academic contacts as required to ensure quality conduct and delivery of projects primarily in the immuno-oncology and immunology area.
- Production and maintenance of primary cell cultures (eg. T cells, dendritic cells, macrophages) as well as various tumour cell lines as required.
- Preparation of standard reagents, compounds and test substances as required.
- Conduct experimental readout and analysis using cell sorting, flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR.
- Data analysis and quantification using appropriate statistical methods.
- Actively interrogate scientific literature to understand relevant therapeutic targets in the immuno-oncology area as necessary for individual projects.
- Planning of projects in advance, arranging resources required for experimental conduct and ordering reagents.
- Accurate record keeping of all experimental work, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results and report production.
- Strong verbal communication skills, participating in lab and client discussions.
- Implement quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOP’s as required.
- Life science degree (immunology/molecular biology/oncology desirable), MSc advantage.
- Laboratory experience in sterile TC methods, ELISAs, flow cytometry, PCR
- Full-time – 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: pension scheme, share save scheme, health care cash plan, retail discount scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and local reward & recognition schemes. We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard.