Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
A full time permanent opportunity is available on the Dundee site. The Scientist position is an important role within the Analytical Sciences Team and will be focused on supporting regulatory (GLP) and non-regulatory bioanalysis. It is envisaged that the successful incumbent will be primarily responsible for the bioanalysis of samples generated from in vivo and in vitro studies (regulatory and non-regulatory). Work closely with the Senior Scientist (Regulatory Bioanalysis), Team Leader of Analytical Sciences and Quality Assurance, the role ensures that work is executed to the highest scientific and regulatory standards. The successful incumbent will also be expected to work with the wider site and organisation to ensure that all studies can be delivered to the same exacting standards and within agreed timelines.
Main Duties to:
- Under direction of the Senior Scientist (Regulatory Bioanalysis) and/or Team Leader of Analytical Sciences primarily support the analysis of regulatory bioanalytical studies using LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC techniques.
- Under direction of the Senior Scientist (Regulatory Bioanalysis) and/or Team Leader of Analytical Sciences support the analysis of regulatory formulation stability studies using LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC techniques.
- When required, assist in the study analysis of all bioanalytical and DMPK studies (regulatory and non-regulatory) performed within the Dundee site.
- When trained act as Study Director, Principal Investigator or Analytical Phase Manager (where appropriate) for regulatory studies (Bioanalysis and Formulation analysis).
- Assist the Senior Scientist (Regulatory Bioanalysis) in the development and validation of chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC) for bioanalytical support of GLP studies to current regulatory (FDA/EMEA) standards.
- Assist the Senior Scientist (Regulatory Bioanalysis) in the development and validation of chromatographic methods (LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC and GC) for formulation analysis to current regulatory (FDA/EMEA) standards.
- Contribute to scientific publications.
- Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy.
- Contribute to authoring and review of SOPs and other business process documents.
- Act as an ambassador for the business and in doing so proactively promoting the company brand and values both internally and externally.
- Comply with health and safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and team work.
- When required assist the Team Leader of Analytical Sciences and Lab Manager in organising all repairs, maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry (or related discipline) essential.
- Higher degree (Master or Doctorate) in related discipline advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques essential.
- Experience with Sciex equipment and Analyst software highly advantageous.
- Experience of supporting bioanalytical studies within regulatory (GLP) framework essential.
- Knowledge of alternative technologies such as ELISA highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of in vitro DMPK assays highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of market conditions, opportunities and competition desirable.
- Understanding of customer base and commercial awareness also desirable.
- High-level interpersonal skills.
- Robust time management capability.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.