Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Part of the sample preparation team, working with members of the laboratory ensuring that the registration and preparation of nutrition samples received from clients are processed is a timely manner.
Responsible for the daily operation of sample preparation laboratory, the storage room and archiving system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess all incoming samples, including review of samples and packaging.
- Log all samples on to the LIMS system, ensuring that correct quotation, testing and references are applied.
- Ensure that the procedures meet the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO17025/MCERTS) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g. GLP/ISA/TLAS).
- Cook and blend samples.
- Carry out chemistry tests.
- Ensure that any analysis that requires subcontracting is arranged.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed and any extra information provided is detailed on the LIMS job.
- Put samples into the appropriate storage area.
- Archive of residual samples and extracts.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of Health and Safety Policy.
- Any other duties specific to the Laboratory or Division where the position is held.
37.5 hours per week
Monday – Friday, 8am to 4.30pm, 8:30am to 5:00pm, 9am to 5.30pm
Flexibility outside of these hours will be required at busy times – occasional weekend working required.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.