Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Analytical & Development Services have a full time permanent opportunity to join the business as a Sample Reception Technician based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The role involves developing skills in a range of preparation and extraction procedures and gaining a basic understanding of the regulations and the science behind techniques used. Technicians will begin a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment including balances and syringes; understanding the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping.
Main Duties to:
- Assess all incoming samples, including review of samples and packaging.
- Log all samples on to the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) , ensuring that correct quotation, testing and references are applied.
- Prepare all samples in accordance to laboratory and legislative Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) within the due date.
- Ensure that the procedures meet the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO17025/MCERTS) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g. GLP/ISA/TLAS).
- Ensure that any analysis that requires subcontracting is arranged.
- Ensure that aliquots of the samples are taken where required and that any other preparation required is recorded.
- Put samples into the appropriate storage area.
- Archive of residual samples and extracts.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of Concept Life Sciences Health and Safety Policy.
- Any other duties specific to the Laboratory or Division where the position is held.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- A demonstrable interest in science.
- IT literate.
- Self –motivated.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.