Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Analytical Services have an opportunity to join the Analytical Services business as Sample Reception Manager to join the Land Department based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The role involves leading and managing the team to ensure the department operates efficiently.
Main Duties to:
- Management of the department to ensure that sample receipt, logging and preparation is undertaken in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Ensure that jobs are booked in promptly and correctly.
- Ensure that work conducted by the laboratory complies with the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025, MCERTS and other regulatory standards as applicable (e.g.GLP/ISA/TLAS).
- Schedule laboratory resources so as to expedite sample testing in accordance with laboratory procedures and within the timescale required by the customer.
- Responsible for the upkeep and checking of the appropriate quality control measures.
- Working with your Senior Technicians to review CV’s, carry out interviews and make decisions on new hires into your department, involving the Laboratory Manager where required.
- Managing the performance of all staff in your department and carrying out appraisals, end of probation reviews and working with the Laboratory Manager, performance reviews where required.
- Authorising and managing overtime for your department in consultation with the Laboratory Manager.
- Ensure that all received items are goods receipted daily and effectively manage stock within their department. This includes authorising invoices, stock counts and reporting of stock.
- Dealing with audit actions, proficiency testing failure investigations and customer queries/ complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all relevant information is communicated to staff where required in a timely manner.
- Working with Senior Technicians to ensure staff maintain training records.
- Responsible for the training of new staff in the laboratory as required.
- To assist the Laboratory Manager with any new process development as required.
- To review and authorise updates to relevant protocols and associated documentation.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, ISO 17025 laboratory would be advantageous but not essential.
- Proven experience of people management and people leadership.
- Proven experience of training staff.
- Demonstrable interest in science.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Employee Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.