Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our client’s demand. We offer specialist preclinical and clinical contract research services to Pharmaceutical companies focussed on Immuno-oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience and specialised Multiplex Histology.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Neuroscientist who will significantly contribute to the scientific direction of the company as we continue to build the neuroscience team and service offering. The role requires a strong communicator, who is an innovative and strategic thinker and who will relish combining aspects of leadership, project management, R&D and business development with a Contract Research Organisation.
Main Duties to:
• Primary point of contact for the Neuroscience team, providing scientific oversight, delivering guidance on experimental design, through to technical delivery where required.
• Leadership role in terms of group project planning, coordination and resource management.
• Scientific point of contact for ongoing client relationships.
• Line management of scientific staff.
• Delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data and reports.
• Actively interrogating scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols and advances as necessary for driving forward bespoke client projects.
• Ensuring accurate record keeping of all experimental work in the team, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results and report production, archiving.
• Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
• Taking a lead role in facilitating the optimisation of new assays, based on client demand and analysis of the competitive landscape. Where appropriate, providing training to others in the team.
• Investigating new technologies, desired skill sets include experience with iPSCs, glial and neuronal cell culture.
• Taking an active role in nurturing new and expanding existing client relationships.
• Presenting the company’s neuroscience capabilities in an authoritative and engaging manner, in face-to-face meetings and by teleconferencing. • Attending scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to assist in fielding enquiries to capture new commercial opportunities.
• PhD desirable, with a few years post-doctoral experience or equivalent tenure in a CRO/Pharma/Biotech setting.
• Sound knowledge of the CRO industry is desirable
• Evidence of a strong conceptual understanding of the field.
• Strong verbal communication skills, participating in client and lab discussions and conference presentations.
• Demonstrable relevant laboratory experience.
• Supervisory management experience desirable.