Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
A fantastic opportunity is available within the Analytical Services business to join as an Organics Section Manager. The role is based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The role involves managing the Organics department within the Land Laboratory to ensure efficiency whilst leading and managing a team of Analysts, Laboratory Technicians and a Section Head.
Main Duties to:
- Schedule the workload within the laboratory.
- Ensure the ISO17025:2005 standard is maintained and that all relevant actions related to it are performed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and any upkeep is managed by the appropriate team members.
- Overseeing training of new employees.
- Identifying bottlenecks or potential issues in the laboratory and dealing with the efficiently.
- Monitoring the budget and performance of the laboratory.
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements of the site as Stated within Company Policy, Procedure and Practice.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are met and maintained within the laboratory.
- Ensure a high level of customer awareness in all staff.
- Technical checking of results.
- Input into the quality of the laboratory.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management.
- Agreeing and meeting targets as specified by the Laboratory Manager.
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated/allocated by the Laboratory Manager.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- Timely reporting and establishment of root cause of all quality investigations.
- Mentoring and coaching of the team to deliver technically, quality and commercially and in line with operational practices and policies.
- Ensuring the integrity of all data produced by the department.
- Relevant degree.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Organic Chemistry.
- Previous team leadership experience and capability.
- High-level interpersonal skills.
- Robust project management capability.
- Adept at coaching and mentoring team members and guiding career development.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
What We Offer
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.