Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Analytical & Development Services have an opportunity to join the business as an Organics Analyst within the Land Division based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The role involves developing skills in a range of analytical processes and require some supervision of scientific activities. The successful individual will gain a basic understanding of the regulations and the science behind analytical techniques. Analysts will begin a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment including balances and syringes; understanding the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE), potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping.
Main Duties to:
- Responsible for running their designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Responsible for the maintenance and the record keeping of instrumentation, keeping the instrument and its area clean and tidy.
- Compliant with standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and quality QP’s and associated changes to this documentation.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Preparation of primary stock, working and daily solutions
- Update and maintain your training record.
- Monitor the system for stock control of items used.
- Effectively communicate any problems, training needs, grievances, issues or requirements you have to your Line Manager.
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements of the site as stated within Company policy, procedure and practice.
- Any other duties your Line Manager deems necessary.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- Relevant degree or experience.
- Knowledge of quality systems is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Interest in science.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.