Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The Analytical & Development Services business have a full time permanent opportunity to join the business as a Method Development Chemist within Organics. The role is based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The role will involve undertaking method development work for the Concept Life Sciences group, working predominantly in the Environmental, Air and Micro-pollutants parts of the business.
The successful individual will work closely with the Technical Director, undertaking hands on development work at the bench using a variety of instrumental and wet chemistry techniques. Having expertise predominately in the organic chromatography and mass spectrometry fields.
Main Duties to:
- To look at existing methodology with an aim to improve routine methods and make them more streamline, and improve efficiencies whilst maintaining them as fit for purpose.
- Undertake projects which will be clearly laid out, and targets and time scales will be agreed in advance.
- Technical support and problem solving help can be called upon from other technical resources within the group where and when appropriate.
- Training in specific instrumentation and/or techniques will be provided when and where necessary if required as part of the project.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Problem solving approach to workload.
- Self-sufficient within working pattern.
- Ability to review technical data and write associated reports.
- BSc in Chemistry or closely related science subject.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.