Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Concept Life Sciences require a results driven, self-motivated and resourceful Logistics Assistant who is also a practical hands on operator and has a track record of contributing to the overall growth of an organisation. Has a proven ability to ensure first class delivery to the customer base and on time delivery service requirements.
Main Duties to:
- Planning and scheduling the delivery and collection of samples and media.
- Packing and distributing samples and media using own fleet and 3rd party couriers.
- Completing and filing compliance documentation for import, export and supply chain security.
- Driving a company vehicle to deliver and collect samples and media on behalf of Concept Life Sciences.
- Carry out daily checks on the vehicle including fuel, oil, water & tyres to conform to road or traffic laws.
- To report to the relevant Manager any instance or event which may cause a service delivery failure, e.g. road or traffic conditions.
- Taking into account capacity and planning ahead accordingly.
- Be aware of your own training needs in a changing environment and where training needs are assessed ensure to undertake such training to the best of their ability.
- Being aware of Health and Safety Policy and ensure that you maintain good practice at all times.
- Carry out any duties allocated by the senior management team or board.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- T. literate.
- Practical, manual handling skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Flexible approach.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability and confidence to put forward ideas for improving/streamlining systems.
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.