Concept Life Sciences is a highly regarded, multi-site research organisation operating from 7 sites across the UK providing an innovate range of services and solutions to clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical, cosmetics and consumer products sectors.
Be a productive manufacturing based chemist. Complete tasks independently whilst solving more complex problems. Demonstrate consistent application of knowledge of scale up and GMP to support own laboratory work and occasionally, work of others. Write up records to the required, high standards.
Follow Health and Safety procedures at all times; demonstrating acceptable knowledge of, and compliance with, company policies. Protect the Intellectual Property and confidentiality of Concept and that of external customers. Develop an understanding of the requirements of both internal and external customers including the importance of working to deadlines.
Co-operate effectively with other colleagues through respectful, positive communication. Aware of the impact of own actions on the customer and colleagues. Demonstrate flexibility in adjusting work plans, working with self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Main Duties to:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Company’s policies, procedures and legal obligations regarding Health, Safety and the Environment. Challenges anyone who is not following GMP procedures.
- Demonstrates good technique for reaction design, set up, analysis and work up. Independently selects most appropriate purification technique and is competent in the use of all methods. May provide experimental guidance to more junior colleagues.
- Demonstrates good understanding of scale up chemistry. Can identify and suggest solutions to more complex problems; includes contingency plans. Proficient in carrying out advanced searches using the available scientific databases.
- Monitors reactions effectively using most appropriate method. Interprets all analytical data accurately, identifying unexpected products. Requires minimal support in the interpretation of complex data.
- Completes GMP records in accordance with Concept procedure or specific customer requirements; recording sufficient, accurate and clear information.
- Conducts all communication in a professional and positive manner. Proactively provides updates to manager. Communicates proactively in meetings. Listens to the opinions of others and responds positively to feedback.
- Independently plans day/week and creates effective milestone plans, considering urgency and cost. Able to multitask, maintaining focus on higher priority targets. Proactively identifies where issues may arise and shows flexibility when work plans/priorities change.
- Visibly contributes to achieving the team’s goals. Proactive in completing communal tasks.
- Protects Intellectual Property of Concept and customer at all times. Takes responsibility for meeting customer requirements. Aware of the overall business needs and will highlight any conflict between this and the customer requirements.
- Progresses all tasks with the appropriate sense of urgency. Assists with routine admin tasks.
- Hold a PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry or a BSc/MSc in chemistry with clear, demonstrable and relevant laboratory experience
- Have excellent team-working and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pro-active way.
- Ability to work as part of team, keeping the customer at the forefront of work at all times.
- High level of self-motivation.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, and Childcare Vouchers.