Concept Life Sciences is an independent company specialising in accredited analytical services for the following areas – environmental, health and safety, chemical, petroleum, food, growers and retailers and electronics. Established in 1990, Concept Life Sciences has five of the most up to date laboratory facilities in Europe. With 8000m2 of active laboratory space Concept is one of the largest independent laboratories in Europe. Concept Life Sciences laboratories are spread throughout the UK so that you are never far from your local laboratory. The laboratories are based in the following locations – Manchester, Cambridge, Braintree, East Kilbride and Moy, Northern Ireland.
To work within the microbiology laboratory, processing food and water samples that are received by a range of clients, adhering to strict procedures and methods under Concept Life Sciences and UKAS standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in samples that have been registered online by client.
- Extract portions of samples and prepare them ready for testing – weigh and dilute.
- Plate samples using correct methods and procedures.
- Ensure optimum conditions at all times.
- Ensure all relevant QA/QC criteria are met for analysis undertaken.
- Ensure the timely extraction of samples / reporting of data.
- Assist with the development and validation of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of Concept Life Sciences Health and Safety Policy.
- Any other duties your line manager deems necessary.
As a laboratory technician, your day will be varied, meeting customer and business requirements within a fast-paced testing environment.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an eye for detail, have a passion for science and meeting the needs of our clients in the fast-paced food industry. An ability to work quickly and accurately is necessary, as our customers will routinely request results within a same day period.
Initiative and a questioning mind are actively encouraged, as it is through our staff that we are able to continually adapt.
Experience or qualifications in this area, whilst of benefit, is not required, as full training will be provided for the right candidate. Experience in fast paced environment would be ideal.
37.5 hours per week – shift pattern:
- Monday – Friday, Tuesday – Saturday, Sunday – Thursday;
- 9:30am to 6:00pm, 10.30am – 7.00pm, 11.30am – 8.00pm.
Laboratory open 365 days a year.