Do you want to join a highly experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical & Development Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The Analytical & Development Services have a full time permanent vacancy for a Laboratory Technician to join the Inorganics Team based at Hadfield House in Manchester. The role involves developing skills in a range of preparation and extraction procedures and gaining a basic understanding of the regulations and the science behind techniques used. Technicians will begin a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment including balances and syringes and understanding the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping. Progressing to basic extractions/ techniques/gravimetric determinations leading onto more complex ones involving internal standards and or multi-step, plus use of relevant analytical testing equipment, under supervision.
Main Duties to:
- Extract and analyse samples following the Quality Management System (QMS) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working with Seniors and other management staff to ensure results are reported within customer time frames.
- Undertake analyses in accordance with company procedures under supervision of the Section Manager and Analysts.
- Ensure analysis is undertaken in a manner which meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (ISO17025/MCERTS) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g. GLP/ISA/TLAS).
- Ensure that all received items are goods receipted daily and effectively manage stock within their department. This includes authorising invoices, stock counts and reporting of stock.
- Ensure all relevant Quality Analysis (QA) and Quality Control (QC) criteria are met for analysis undertaken.
- Ensure the timely extraction of samples / reporting of data.
- Follow quality procedures laid down in the quality manual and relevant laboratory SOP manual.
- To maintain the laboratory in a tidy manner.
- Comply with health and safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- A demonstrable interest in science.
- IT literate.
- Self –motivated.
- High level of attention to detail.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.