Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical and Development Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The role of Laboratory Support Technician is responsible for ensuring Concept Life Sciences Bradford has an appropriate Quality Assured working environment for its employees and activities. The holder reports to the Facilities Officer. The focus of this role is on ensuring that all laboratory areas are suitably well-stocked, clean and tidy for revenue earning tasks, and meet Quality Assurance requirements, and that the laboratory buildings and environs are maintained to a high standard. This is achieved both by carrying out practical activities and by maintaining an awareness of situations that could lead to a loss of quality, or are in contravention of the quality and health and safety standards of the company.
Main Duties to:
- General housekeeping of the laboratories and sample stores to meet cGMP standards.
- Performing regular calibration checks of ancillary laboratory equipment such as balances, pipettes, pH meters.
- Testing water quality and maintenance of deionised water systems and water still.
- Undertaking routine temperature mapping of temperature controlled storage units such as fridges, freezers, incubators, stability cabinets and ovens.
- Organising and overseeing regular service / maintenance visits from utility, alarm, and safety equipment suppliers as per defined schedule. Liaising with suppliers. Overseeing contractors working on site.
- Managing waste disposal process via approved contractors (hazardous and non-hazardous).
- Stock control / ordering of laboratory consumables and stationary to ensure the laboratories / offices are well-stocked and resourced.
- Dealing with chemical and non-chemical deliveries; hazard assessment and safe handling of incoming goods.
- Performing regular fire alarm and emergency lighting tests.
- Stock control of health and safety related consumables: Spill Kits, First Aid Kits, PPE etc.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for facilities repairs / to address site problems.
- Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
- Training of colleagues in own specialist areas / skills.
- BSc in a chemical or related scientific field and demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (quality, health and safety).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Basic equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
- A full, clean UK driving license.
- Proactive in your approach to your work.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week) – Part time hours can be discussed if preferred (5 days)
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.