Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
An exciting opportunity is available at the Hadfield House site in Manchester to join the Analytical Development Services business as Laboratory Manager for the Air Division. This involves leading the Air Division to ensure operational delivery of targets. The successful candidate will have the credibility and skills to direct the work of the function and ensure effective management of resources; working with business development and senior management on the strategic development of the business.
Main duties to:
- Lead, develop and sustainably grow teams in the laboratory.
- Understand the team’s financial performance in line with company requirements on an ongoing basis, including all monthly, quarterly and annual outputs.
- Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy.
- Contribute to the budget process and business review/strategy.
- Act as an ambassador for the business and in doing so proactively promoting the company brand and values both internally and externally.
- Manage teams to deliver quality outputs in a timely fashion and within budget whilst taking account of the customer needs and expectations.
- Implement the business strategy to maximise the extent and pace of the laboratory development.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team members within the laboratory and ensure high levels of team performance, development and motivation.
- Oversee analytical resourcing and management to ensure timely delivery and testing profitability.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
- Generate a culture of collaboration and team work.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice.
- Ensure delivery of analysis in accordance with the testing requirements.
- Assist with analysis planning and defining the scope of analysis.
- Review resource planning and utilisation.
- Review the laboratory budgets in accordance with Concept Life Sciences delegated authorities policy.
- Review risk and opportunity management and provide advice where necessary.
- Organising or undertaking analysis/laboratory reviews in accordance to testing.
- Assist with initiating, managing and controlling contracts and manage commercial issues.
- Provide commercial and technical advice and assistance to the team.
- Liaise with the customer on a strategic level.
- Review and authorise internal and external testing arrangements.
- Resolve issues outside the control of the team.
- Relevant degree.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of market conditions, opportunities and competition.
- Sound understanding of customer base.
- Team leadership experience.
- High level influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven commercial and operational awareness.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Robust project management capability.
- Adept at coaching and mentoring team members and guiding career development.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.