Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With over 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The role of Internal Sales is to drive new sales, and deliver on the set sales targets, through the development of new customer opportunities and account manage existing clients whilst maximizing their spend with the business.
Main Duties to:
- Respond to routine enquiries from customers, new sales enquiries received and generation of new customer opportunities.
- Attend meetings with customers at their location or host meetings at Moy, or other sites.
- Develop a call activity plan to grow business.
- Develop specific plans to grow share of existing spend and deliver sales target for existing customers.
- Identify, qualify, record and track new business opportunities in company provided Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system along with preparing, issuing and following up quotations.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships both internally and externally.
- Build strong relationships with operations and support peers in the business.
- Attend meetings with customers at the sites.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing teams in coordinating exhibitions and marketing campaigns.
- Attend and contribute to sales, operational, team and departmental meetings as required.
- Report on business intelligence and provide competitive information in a timely manner.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts.
- Oversee customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Use the CRM system for accurate forecast management and reporting.
- Sales administration.
- Previous sales and account management within the Food sector is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Food sector is desirable but not essential.
- Customer service experience within a fast paced and highly client focused environment.
- Ability to manage workload in a fast paced environment.
- Effective at prioritising tasks for completion.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- A formal qualification in Science would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated.
- A full, clean driving license will be required.
- 37.5 hours per week. 70% office based/30% travelling with flexibility as required. Some travel to other Concept Life Sciences locations may be required on an ad hoc basis.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.