Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Analytical & Development Services have an opportunity to join the business as a full time permanent IC/HPLC Analyst within the Air Department based at Hadfield House in Manchester. The role involves developing skills in a range of analytical processes and gaining a basic understanding of the regulations and the science behind analytical techniques. Analysts will begin a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment including balances and syringes, understanding the correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE), potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping. The successful individual will begin training on relevant analytical equipment, including operation, quality procedures, basic maintenance, sample processing and standard preparation.
Main Duties to:
- Under supervision from the Section Manager be responsible for running their designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Under supervision from the section manager be responsible for the maintenance and the record keeping of Instrumentation, keeping the instrument and its area clean and tidy.
- Be compliant with standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and associated changes to this documentation.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Prepare primary stock, working and daily solutions.
- Update and maintain your training record.
- Monitor the system for stock control of items used.
- Effectively communicate any problems, training needs, grievances, issues or requirements you have to your Line Manager.
- Comply with health and safety requirements of the site as stated within company policy, procedure and practice.
- Any other duties your Line Manager deems necessary.
- All staff are responsible for their own training records. Training records have to be up-to-date to progress within the career model.
- Act as an Ambassador for the company brand and values.
- Relevant degree or experience.
- Knowledge of quality systems is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Interest in science.
- Previous IC/HPLC experience.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.