Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical & Development Services Division is focused on delivering technical excellence, and an unrivalled customer journey, across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With over 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The role of Head of Customer Services is to ensure the customer services teams operate efficiently and deliver an excellent customer experience to all clients across the Analytical & Development Services Division. You’ll provide effective leadership and development within the division and continually improve the customer services experience, ensuring that all necessary processes are fully optimised and aligned. The role will have direct line management responsibility for the Customer Services Managers.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Customer Services Team and their tasks and activities, primarily being processing customer orders to the point of delivery and invoicing, and managing customer care enquiries.
- Lead the Customer Services function across the Analytical & Development Services business with responsibility for delivery of a customer services experience that exceeds the expectations of our customers.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve their best performance to meet the company’s needs.
- Ensure effective and efficient reporting for customers.
- Develop and implement procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Services Department.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction, developing effective systems to reduce and monitor complaints and queries.
- Lead and develop the sales review process to ensure best practice across all sites.
- Work closely with Site Heads and laboratory staff to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data.
- Provide processes and ownership to ensure that customer queries and complaints are procedurally completed, and make effective and developed use of the ticket system.
- Ensure that resources are sufficient and trained to expedite sample testing in accordance with laboratory procedures and within the timescale required by the customer.
- Ensure all relevant information is communicated to staff where required in a timely manner.
- A science degree would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, ISO 17025 laboratory in a customer services role.
- Proven experience of people management.
- Proven experience of training staff.
- Ability to retain clients as demonstrated through repeat business and through positive customer feedback.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week).
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.