Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. Our business is home to scientists with in-depth experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on challenges. We employ problem-solvers with a proven track record in the life sciences, laboratory based analytical testing and specialist consulting. That is why our clients, large and small, trust us to deliver a range of high quality services that can often be tailored to a specific requirement. Our food and environmental business is well resourced and led by experienced individuals with the market knowledge and expertise to deliver high quality consultancy and analytical services.
Concept Life Sciences have a brand-new opportunity to join the business as a full time permanent Event Planner. Reporting directly to the Group Head of Marketing, you will be expected to plan and support the marketing of Business to Business (B2B) events across the Concept Life Sciences Group. With a proven track record of event planning and excellent organizational skills, you will work closely with the Central Marketing and Business Development Teams to drive Return on Investment (ROI) on both external and internal events. The role will include daily support to the central Concept Life Sciences Marketing Team on group marketing campaigns/tasks, so would suit someone with a keen interest in marketing.
Main Duties to:
- Assist in the delivery of the annual events calendar and budget (100+ events) which include international conferences and trade shows, seminars, spotlights, symposiums, networking evenings and other prestigious events.
- Create detailed proposals for all events, including timelines, venues, staffing, and budget.
- Identify and secure sponsorship, speakers, poster presentations, and/or entertainment for each event.
- Research and propose entries for relevant industry awards.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders; including Central Marketing and Business Development Teams.
- Plan event layouts and agendas, with the help of the central marketing team and group events VM guide.
- Schedule meetings at relevant partnering events for the Business Development Team.
- Provide excellent support of attendees and guests for internal events.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to promote events via their marketing channels (pre and post event marketing).
- Liaise with suppliers and order promotional material for events.
- Manage stock inventory of promotional material.
- Analyse the success of each event and propose creative new improvements to Central Marketing Team.
- Monitor the return on investment for each event.
- Pack conference materials for shipment and manage the relationship with the external courier service.
- Any other duties to support the wider Marketing Team on group campaigns.
- Previous experience in a similar Event Planner role.
- Degree level of education or equivalent.
- Marketing experience desirable.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Flexible, proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Impeccable communication skills (spoken and written).
- Full clean driving license.
This is role is based over Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.