Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. In order to deliver the science our clients demand, our business is focused on a number of core sectors. We support drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. We provide testing and specialist analytical services and consultancy to the food and environmental sectors. We provide toxicology services to the agrochemical, consumer products, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and materials chemistry services to the petrochemical industry.
The role of the Deputy Quality Manager is to work with the Quality Manager to manage and maintain the day to day running and compliance of the Quality Management Systems within the Cambridge Laboratories. The laboratories are currently accredited to the ISO 17025 Standard by UKAS. Working with the Quality team to ensure consistency and best practise is maintained throughout all sites. Ensuring any updates to accreditations and systems are implemented with
Main Duties to:
- Work with the quality team in implementing & maintaining the quality systems and processes within the laboratories.
- Maintain the site audit schedule reporting any deficiencies to the Quality Manager
- Perform and review audits of systems, processes and records.
- Assist with audits by customers and regulators/accreditation bodies.
- Assist with reviewing quality control charts, proficiency testing scheme results and appropriate follow ups as required.
- Assist with the control, issue and maintenance of documents within the Quality System
- When required, working with quality managers in monitoring of customer complaints and items of non-conforming work.
- Modifying quality system documentation and laboratory SOPs under supervision of the quality manager.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Other reasonable duties involving the welfare and efficient operation of the Laboratory at the request of the Group Head of Quality Assurance
- A science graduate with experience in the testing and contract research/pharmaceutical industry. Experience in a high throughput environment would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge, skills and abilities in managing ISO 17025 guidance.
- Proven knowledge and experience of scheduling and performing audits.
- Experience in hosting/supporting customer, accreditation inspections.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent at preparing and delivering presentations to employees, customers and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to challenge and drive quality and a compliant culture forward.
- Experience in developing audit schedules and training initiatives
- Ability to investigate and review information and draw conclusions in support of CAPA, customer complaints etc.
- IT Literate
- Ability to work unsupervised and Self-motivated
- Looking to develop a career within a large organisation
- Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:30pm. Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.