Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
A full time permanent opportunity is available for a Deputy Quality Manager to join the Analytical & Development Services business based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The Deputy Quality Manager will work with the Quality Manager to manage and maintain the day to day running and compliance of the Quality Management Systems within the Manchester laboratories. The laboratories are currently accredited to the ISO 17025 Standard by UKAS. Working with the Quality Team to ensure consistency and best practise is maintained throughout all sites. Ensuring any updates to accreditations and systems are implemented.
Main Duties to:
- Work with the Quality Team in implementing and maintaining the quality systems and processes within the laboratories.
- Maintain the site audit schedule reporting any deficiencies to the Quality Manager.
- Perform and review audits of systems, processes and records.
- Assist with audits by customers and regulators/accreditation bodies.
- Assist with reviewing quality control charts, proficiency testing scheme results and appropriate follow ups as required.
- Assist with the control, issue and maintenance of documents within the quality system.
- When required, working with Quality Managers in monitoring of customer complaints and items of non-conforming work.
- Modify quality system documentation and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) under supervision of the Quality Manager.
- Understand responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety and agree to comply with the requirements of the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Other reasonable duties involving the welfare and efficient operation of the Laboratory at the request of the Group Head of Quality Assurance.
- A science graduate with experience in the testing and contract research/pharmaceutical industry. Experience in a high throughput environment would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge, skills and abilities in managing ISO 17025 guidance.
- Proven knowledge and experience of scheduling and performing audits.
- Experience in hosting/supporting customer accreditation inspections.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent at preparing and delivering presentations to employees, customers and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to challenge and drive quality and a compliant culture forward.
- Experience in developing audit schedules and training initiatives.
- Ability to investigate and review information and draw conclusions in support of CAPA and customer complaints.
- Looking to develop a career within a large organisation.
- Team player.
- IT Literate.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:30pm. Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.