Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Analytical & Development Services have a full time permanent opportunity to join the business as a Customer Services Advisor on the Land Team based at the Hadfield House site in Manchester. The role involves managing customer jobs through the laboratory to ensure required turnaround times are met and to deal with customer queries and complaints where appropriate and to invoice customers where required.
Main Duties to:
- Deal with phone queries for information, quotes and customers chasing results.
- Arrange delivery of media and collection of samples for customers.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with customers to ensure that their requirements are met and that they are receiving a satisfactory service.
- Perform contract review of all jobs received into the laboratory as per the Concept Life Sciences Quality Manual.
- Liaise with relevant sections of the laboratory to ensure that results will be available in the required timescale.
- Ensure reports for customers are delivered on time and where this is not possible communicating this to the customer.
- Deal with customer queries and complaints to ensure there is sufficient communication and with the customer and a satisfactory outcome.
- Ensure that contract review and reporting meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO 17025/MCERTS) and/or regulatory compliance standards (e.g.GLP/ISA/TLAS) are met.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- Some experience of working in a fast paced, high volume, ISO 17025 laboratory within a customer service role is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high volume customer service role is essential.
- Confident communicator used to dealing with customers over the telephone and email.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- An interest in science.
- I.T. literate.
- High level of attention to detail.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.