Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical and chemical; and consumer products sectors. Our business is home to Scientists with in-depth experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on challenges. We employ problem-solvers with a proven track record in life sciences, laboratory based analytical testing and specialist consulting.
The role of method development scientist within the Method Development and Validation team involves development and validation using a range of chromatographic techniques – LC, GC and IC, in particular, development experience with LC-MS and LC-MS/MS and/or SEC/GPC would be of significant interest. Method development and validation will involve analysis of a range of test samples (substances, compounds, formulations, investigational or commercial products, raw materials) submitted by clients from the Life Sciences and related industries. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the chromatography field, particularly HPLC and GC, plus experience of the use of a broad range of detectors in a commercial setting. The Bradford site operates to current Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice, therefore experience of working in a regulated environment is essential. This is a fixed term contract for 14 months to cover maternity leave.
Main Duties to:
- Revenue generating laboratory-based analytical project work, applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, agrochemical, bulk chemical fields.
- Associated data processing and report writing; peer review of data / reports generated by colleagues.
- Method development and validation, including drafting of related documents (methods, protocols, reports).
- Analytical problem solving; instrument and method troubleshooting.
- Principle techniques dependent on experience and training.
- Client liaison, inter-group liaison, internal projects and initiatives.
- Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
- Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.
- BSc or PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Broad practical experience in developing and validating analytical methods; method development research skills.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of complex analytical instrumentation. Including but not limited to method development experience with LC, GC, IC and/or SEC.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (quality, health and safety).
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
- Proactive in your approach to your work.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week)
- Based at our Bradford site
- Fixed term for 14 months