Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The role of Analytical Scientist within the Chromatography Group involves performing method development and validation using a range of chromatographic techniques – GC, LC and IC, with a wide range of detection techniques including MS and MS/MS. Method development and validation will involve analysis of a range of test samples (substances, compounds, formulations, investigational or commercial products, raw materials) submitted by clients from the Life Sciences and related industries. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the chromatography field, particularly HPLC and GC, plus experience of the use of a broad range of detectors in a commercial setting. The Bradford site operates to current Good Manufacturing Practice, therefore experience of working in a regulated environment would also be beneficial.
Main Duties to:
- Revenue generating laboratory-based analytical project work, applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types.
- Associated data processing and report writing; peer review of data / reports generated by colleagues.
- Method development and validation, including drafting of related documents (methods, protocols, reports).
- Principle techniques dependent on experience and training.
- Client liaison, inter-group liaison, internal projects and initiatives.
- Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
- Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.
- BSc in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Broad practical experience in developing and validating analytical methods; method development research skills.
- Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (quality, health and safety).
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Basic equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting skills.
- IT Literate.
- A full, clean UK driving license.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week)
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.