An opportunity to work in a fast paced environment, the successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the analytical processes in the lab, and be able to demonstrate their knowledge of regulations and the sciences behind the analytical techniques.
Once fully trained they will be able to operate relevant analytical instrumentation with minimal supervision, be responsible for the analysis and reporting of samples in accordance with standard operating procedures. They will be highly organised, have strong attention to detail, and be proactive in their own professional development.
- Responsible for running the designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Maintenance and record keeping of instrumentation; keeping the instrument and its area clean and tidy.
- Troubleshoot instruments.
- Be compliant with SOPs and QPs in accordance with ISO17025.
- Preparation of primary stock, working and daily solutions.
- Participate in PT schemes and investigate PT data failures.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Support the improvement and development of new and existing SOP’s.
- Effectively communicate issues or requirements with your line manager.
- Be compliant with Health and Safety requirements of the site as stated within Company policy, procedure and practice.
- Any other duties your line manager deems necessary.
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
Key Role KPIs
- Timely reporting of results along with fully recorded QC.
- Fully maintain instrumentation and keep an accurate record.
- Up-to-date training record.
- Successful PT data or completed investigations with root cause.
- Relevant degree
- Laboratory experience within an industry setting
- Knowledge and relevant experience with instrumentation such as: GC-MS, LC-MS, GC-MSMS, LC-MSMS, GC-FPD.
- Knowledge and experience of Quality systems.
- IT Literate.
- Team player.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task
- High attention to detail