Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
Part of the laboratory team, working with members of the laboratory to ensure the testing of nutrition samples received from clients are carried out in a timely manner. Responsible for the daily operation of the assigned testing and equipment.
Main duties to:
- Under supervision be responsible for running their designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Under supervision be responsible for the maintenance and the record keeping of instrumentation, keeping the instrument and its area clean and tidy.
- Be compliant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Quality Practice’s (QP’s) and associated changes to this documentation.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Cook and blend samples.
- Carry out chemistry tests according to relevant SOPs.
- Calibrate, monitor and maintain relevant equipment and instruments.
- Organise their own work to keep up the schedule and time deadlines.
- Organise relevant reagents and consumables to make sure it has enough to carry out the tests.
- Preparation of primary stock, working and daily solutions.
- Participate in PT schemes.
- Update and maintain your training record.
- Monitor the system for stock control of items used.
- Effectively communicate any problems, training needs, grievances, issues or requirements you have to your line manager.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of the site as Stated within Company policy, procedure and practice.
- Any other duties your Line Manager deems necessary.
- Relevant degree or experience.
- Knowledge of quality systems is desirable but not essential.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm or 8.30am – 5pm.
- Flexibility outside of these hours will be required at busy times – occasional weekend working required.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.