Do you want to join a highly-experienced team committed to providing unrivalled scientific analytical services for a diverse portfolio of clients?
Our Analytical Services division is focused on delivering technical excellence across a range of areas including life sciences, food & consumer services, industrial and environmental services.
With 700 members of staff, Concept Life Science’s employees are the foundation to our success. We have over 450 of our people engaged in delivering analytical services in laboratories throughout the UK. We value the contribution of our employees and are proud to play a part in their career development; supporting them step-by-step throughout their professional growth whilst also offering them the opportunity to make a real difference.
The role of Analyst within the Chromatography Group involves performing analysis using a range of chromatographic techniques – GC, LC and IC, with a wide range of detection techniques including MS and MS/MS. Method development and validation opportunities are also available under guidance from senior staff members. Typically studies involve analysis of a range of test samples (substances, compounds, formulations, investigational or commercial products, raw materials) submitted by clients from the Life Sciences and related industries.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the chromatography field, particularly HPLC and GC, but experience of the use of a broad range of detectors in a commercial setting is desirable. The Bradford site operates to current Good Manufacturing Practice, therefore experience of working in a regulated environment would also be beneficial.
Main Duties to:
- Revenue generating laboratory-based analytical project work.
- Applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types.
- Associated data processing and report writing; peer review of data / reports generated by colleagues.
- Writing and following analytical methods, SOPs and protocols.
- Principle techniques dependent on experience and training.
- Internal projects and initiatives.
- Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.
- BSc in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Broad practical experience in an analytical setting.
- Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation.
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Basic equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
- A full, clean UK driving license.
- Proactive in your approach to your work.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- 37.5 per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.