Concept Life Sciences is a knowledge based, science led business focused on delivering the expertise and capabilities our clients demand. We work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. In order to deliver the science our clients demand, our business is focused on a number of core sectors. We support drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. We provide testing and specialist analytical services and consultancy to the food and environmental sectors. We provide toxicology services to the agrochemical, consumer products, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and materials chemistry services to the petrochemical industry.
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced scientist to join our in vitro ADMET Services team at Alderley Park. You will be responsible for performing a range of ADMET assays, including input regarding the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, as well as high quality reporting. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in the expansion of our drug discovery service offering through the development of quality in vitro assays, adding value to our assay portfolio.
Main Duties to:
- Plan, execute, interpret and timely reporting of customer studies.
- Perform assay validation.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of scientific field and new/emerging technologies.
- Effective communication and good working relationship with team members.
- Efficient maintenance and management of reagent and consumable stocks.
- Adhere to Safe Working practices, to Health and Safety Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- BSc in a life science (or relevant industry experience) with laboratory work experience.
- Sound theoretical and practical understanding of in vitro life science assays.
- LCMSMS analytical experience.
- IT literacy.
- Excellent attention to detail and good trouble-shooting skills.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
- This role is offered on a 12 month temporary fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.