The EU law (Regulation No.1855) lists 14 allergens that need to be identified and declared if they are used as ingredients in a food product. We can offer a comprehensive range of allergen testing using ELISA and PCR methods.
We can provide a service for all 14 main allergens:
- Cereals containing gluten
- Crustaceans, for example prawns, crabs, lobster and crayfish
- Nuts, such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio, cashew and macadamia (Queensland) nuts
- Celery (and celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide, which is a preservative found in some dried fruit
- Molluscs, for example clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid.